Saturday 8 August 2020

Tassel former 3

Ppl, you are going to thank me, because I’ve cracked it!

Now first off can I say on Monday I plan to post re Opus Anglicanum, calling it Part 2.

Today I will show you how to do ONE of the two stitches used for tassel former creative lovelinesses in the past and hopefully the future.
My hands are trembling with excitement at the creative possibilities of this ancient craft...

Ok, here goes, first one is Left Side Stitch:
(Left so called because the working thread comes out to the left of last stitch formed)
Fixed point set up and brown.  Worker thread blue and you come out in front and go over the brown.


Then you grab the tail - from the front - and pull it up and to the right.

Then you pull it across to join its friends

Now if you keep working round and doing exactly the same stitch over and over again, wouldn’t that be so incredibly boring?

That is why tomorrow I will show you how to complete stitch number 2, which pulls in the opposite direction, to the right.

Of course, you can try to work it out for yourselves in the meantime....(implied challenge there folks) or you can wait until tomorrow.

For now, this is a diagram of what you are trying to achieve:


I’m off now to drive my parents to Great Yarmouth for the day.
Been reading about the Pleasure Garden at Vauxhall, a place where the Duke of Devonshire more than likely met Charlotte’s mother, the milliner.  Could also have been where he bought so much art...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, Beth. Have to try it. Is it all around the wood?

    ReplyDelete