Tuesday 4 August 2020

Update 4th August 2020


The face is saved, the hands are making way for circular forms of a gender specific nature.  The eye is a little heavy now, but I’ll worry about that later.

The main thing is -and it represents a huge trap door for me, where I’ve slipped down into another world, hundreds of years earlier - that the circular formation worked in the upper body.

(The day job is now heaving with backlogs...guilty feelings brewing, oh dear, time to wear another hat...)

Going back to The Duchess.  I went to visit Chatsworth House for my birthday two years ago.  It was a long drive, close to two hours, but boy oh boy was it worth it.  I have the photos, I need to transfer them. The fascinating thing is, as you approach the house, you’re given sign posts for Hardwick Hall too.  I think I’ll have to go there soon, but I’ll add that to the list for now.  

The staff are really nice at Chatsworth and you can get pretty close to artefacts.  The Duke was a big art collector and the items you see there just carry you away. In the hall is a Roman shield.  It’s a replica, but stunning all the same.  There are some very fine statues.  The house has been preserved in a time capsule and you almost feel the Duchess herself will come swishing through.  There are echoes of happiness in the house...her mother must have loved visiting her there. Wasn’t Charlotte Rampling superb as her mother?  It’s all in the casting my dears, all in the casting...

No comments:

Post a Comment