Wednesday 22 July 2020

Update 22 July 2020


The sea area under the shark worked well, so I’ll replicate that for the mermaid.
Now I can see I have to do something special with her tail fins. Might try underside couching as I want the fin to catch the light in a certain way.

Bodice time
Ok,  so here is a diagram of one of the honeysuckles on the Devereux Bodice.
I’ve counted the stitches for the DBH sections. I’ve worked out the whole thing will take 4 hours to complete.  Most of that time is consumed with threading needles with metal and silk thread and keeping the two working in tandem.  My suspicion is there were ‘needle loaders’ just doing that part in groups and workshops. I need to dig out some decent linen to make a small repro.  I have to make it before doing anymore colour drawings, otherwise I won’t sew it.



It’s one thing to learn about others and how to handle them, it’s also part of the deal to learn how to handle yourself.  Funny, a lot of people don’t seem to bother with that part of the human condition...

No comments:

Post a Comment