Friday 17 July 2020

Update 18th July 2020

I’ve filled in quite a bit more of the sea.  As I mentioned before, it’s only when you add the lighter colours does the idea come to life. I had problems with boredom on this area, I have to admit, but managed to break up the sections into six patches.  This helped a lot. I’m also using a quilters thimble now too, that also helps. There’s a rhythm to completing boring sections and I find there’s a predictable timing between your eyes, arm and the thread that becomes quite hypnotic in the end. I remember my Aunt Gwen demonstrating this phenomenon with her knitting.  Yes, there is sound in there too that helps you to work automatically while your mind switches off thinking about anything extraneous, and only your line of vision occupies your brain.


So I’m growing apples in my pocket handkerchief garden and here they are

I don’t intend to let the tree get too big, especially as I saw a couple of apple trees used to cover an arch in the gardens at Chatsworth.  What a house, what a wonderful day out.  Long drive, but soooo worth it.  Basically all growth should be stunted, to encourage more fruit.

I picked some berries and made a coulis yesterday morning.  Can I say my garden is totally organic, I also water it very little,  as I designed it that way.  I use volcanic ash twice a year and I also make Bokashi Compost, which is a Japanese method of organic gardening that is super- effective and very easy: you just chuck it on the compost heap.  I also make Compost Tea - speedy version, with oxygenated water and sieved compost.


Ok so, The Devereux Bodice.  What can I say?  I was looking at it again the other evening and realised I was in the grip of that thing....oh dear me, here we go again...!

There is a honey suckle on there that is the best I’ve ever seen and it uses Viking Knit or Ceylon Stitch in a way I’ve not seen it used elsewhere.  Well of course it bugs me I can’t yet work it out...
So that’s what I have to do next I decided, work out how on earth they made that section?

There are supposed to be birds on that bodice too, but I can’t yet see any.  I adore the tiny Forget me Nots and very cute snails.

Where there’s a will, there’s a way....wish me luck ppl!

No comments:

Post a Comment