Monday 27 June 2022

Celtic dog & Spanish Turron



 Bit more progress.  I like the way the head reminds me of Viking figureheads.  I need to do the next leather section very carefully and decide if anymore black outlines need to be enhanced.








I also made some almond, egg white and oil Turron at the weekend.  I hope to do a YouYube video about that but as it’s the Summer and there is so much to do.  It’s a very old Persian recipe where you form ‘nut dough’.  The taste is insane.  It took me a fair while to perfect the recipe, I used an Alicante praline, which I then ground down and then made a Turron blando, or Jijona recipe.  You are boiling the sugar syrup till the last stage of plastic, just before it becomes glass.  Then you allow it to cool for 10 mins, then you roll it with all the other ingredients.  It’s very similar to Halvah with one last essential difference…..more in the video 

No comments:

Post a Comment