Saturday 2 July 2022

Faux patina gold chest of drawers

 Ok so things have moved on.  Here is the finished surface.  It took four sessions to build up the complexity.   I used various tools and different light sources.  The more I worked on it, the more it looked like metal.  Halfway through I worried I would never pull it off, as they say, because it began to become muddy.  That’s when I realised I was working light to dark, dark to light, dull to shine, then shine to dull, then finally back to shine, if that makes any sense. I like the way the tissue paper texture no longer looks like paper but the undulations, crevices and fissures of a prehistoric intergalactic explosion, as in how all gold was originally formed.


Now a funny thing happened to me twice, if you eva….

I showed a guy a photo of the Celtic dog while we were having dinner with our families in the country and he didn’t believe it was embroidery??

Then two weeks later I go to the coast with my friend and show her the picture and she too cannot understand or believe it’s embroidery, at which point I started heartily laughing.

QED ppl !

No comments:

Post a Comment