Wednesday 8 June 2022

Celtic dog 3

 Ok so here is the progress I made re all.




I decided to spread wildflower seeds around this wasteland that I’ve cultivated, to which I will add wild bird seed.  I’ve done this before at my mother’s and it works.  Basically in the bird seed is a lot of wheat and as wheat is a nitrogen fixer, you find everything benefits that is growing nearby.

I decided with the door to strip the lacquer off the furniture and polish it.  Although this means in the winter it will tarnish much more frequently, I just prefer the brass to look like gold and not like it did with the yellowed lacquer.  Removing the lacquer to get back to the bare metal was easier than opening a bag of crisps - you basically paint it with neat nail varnish remover aka 100% acetone.  

Then the stumps were so heavy, they broke the handle of my garden refuse bag, so there’s another job added to the list.

Not over the moon with the Celtic dog progress.  Looking too predictable.  Will be pulling some out and adding more blue.

Oh well have to dash off to hold down the day job.  I will be visiting an archaeology museum soon, that should be good…

No comments:

Post a Comment