Tuesday 29 September 2020

I sorted out Nefertiti’s bust

 


I’ve almost finished the short story on the Venus de Brassempouy, simultaneously researching Celia and her bloke. Can’t find a lot on them, only that they were together since 1968 till 1992, some domestic photos and a short Pathe  news clip on cat rescue by two models from bomb sites.

Both short stories have beginning, middle and end and both pack a punch.  You’ll see what I mean. 

I don’t know if people round the world can access Radio 4 archives, but you should google Simon Schema Dream Dinner Party with dead guests. So, he’s taken various interviews with famous people and spliced them together to make a dream dinner party. The piece is utterly fabulous.  I liked it so much, I transcribed the whole show. But it’s the laughter and the clinking of glasses and the vast sweeping canvas of creative output, inspiration, inner or outwardly driven, the whole bag is there ppl, go get your ears round that.

I’ve got to go, real life is calling....

No comments:

Post a Comment