Sunday 6 September 2020

Celtiberian Horseman 2

Update

Ok so here’s a quick sketch of the new image I’m working from.
My eyes have been really irritated these last two weeks so not much progress has been made.   My fringe was too long and my mascara was a lockdown purchase from an inferior vendor.
I do think that a sketch is better than a tracing for this kind of thing, as the animation that was moulded into the clay design originally shows through. These people really knew their gee gees.
I’m content with the scale so will press on.
I think the Xavier actually pivots to open the clasp, as there is a bolt running into the side of his knees and a rod under his horse’s belly.

P.S. The cherry tree stump is still there and I’ve hacked away at more softened material.
For that, I used my turbo boosted compost accelerator recipe, see below:
This is essentially a Japanese recipe for Bokhashi composting. It’s a very convenient way to rot down organic material in an odour free way. You basically nurture Lactobacillus with oats, molasses, yoghurt, wood chips, rain water and I make it go even faster by adding dried ammonia and sulphate of iron.  I’m not being funny but if you left your hand in that mixture for two days, you’d probably only be left with knuckles. I say this because the mixture is very very potent. I can turn a heap of compost into black gold in under a week!  My compost heap is my pride and joy because from that I make up compost tea twice a year for my Triffids.

After I added all the gloop I covered it with grass clippings.

No comments:

Post a Comment