Thursday 3 September 2020

Celtiberian Horseman update

Well I’m very pleased, because during my hunt for all things Celtiberian I found a much better image of ‘Xavier‘ - I decided to call him that because I like the spelling.

The better image contains all things patina, design, connecting bits and even the depiction of the horse’s eye.  I am so exited.

I also found other artefacts that explain the position of his arms and his head gear.

The idea is that he will be mounted up for my bedroom.  I’m about to redecorate my bedroom Al Morocco.  I’ve been working on the design for a while.  I was going to decorate it myself but in the end I hired the most amazing Brazilian decorator, because last year I decorated three rooms and painted the kitchen units (in chalk paint, finished with a lacquer glaze) - that was 160 coats of paint!  Yes ppl you read that right - one six oh!

There will be a Moroccan Palace feature wall, I bought the stencil in America.  I won’t discuss colour because I want to max out the wow factor.

But the most exciting thing of all is the centrepiece will be a painting of Marrakesh.  I decided Moroccan palace for the walls, but the painting will be a view of Marrakesh, as if through a window but unlike Bonnard, will not include the window frame.

I have all the paint now and the design is safe in my sewing bag.  I also bought a few Moroccan pieces.  I’m not changing the curtains or the radiator colour,  but I will paint the bedstead.  I’m not sure what colour the bedstead will be, it depends on how much colour vibration takes place.

Don’t get me wrong, I want COLOUR and my soul needs it, but I also want balance and to create a retreat.  Basically I want the room to be a colour experience but not for the view from the bed.

Before I call the decorator to fix the start date I have to sort out some preliminaries.

One of them is this:


Well this is bigger than it looks and the more soil I remove, the wider the thing gets.  It was a cherry tree....say no more, the roots are like concrete!  It’s only five years old, but I think the root stock must be from some kind of Mega Prunus Alto-Pain-in-the-Butticus, because I am hacking at this thing daily for a week now and it still has not budged even one millimetre!

I’ve stripped away the cambium layer, so at least technically it should be deceased now, but I can still feel the life force pumping through it.  I kept a piece of root to remember this time.  I’m in awe of this tree species, it’s from the Almond genus and was one of the first trees, eg. 127 Million years old!

For the love of forests, big majestic trees and that whole nature continues thing, I think ancient Viking music is perfect. Ok so maybe you do have to be 11% Neanderthal to really appreciate it, but it’s so haunting, it’s ‘weird’.

* Weird for me = haunting, ghost-like, ethereal, timeless, ancient, containing spirits of past life, echoes, vibrations, sort of ‘aura’.

So here are three videos that I particularly like featuring amazing Viking sounds, the middle one is my current favourite, especially when the camera pans out to the mountains, these are sounds that make you feel you ‘belong’:


No comments:

Post a Comment