Monday 14 December 2020

Completed desk reveal

 This is a super quick post because I am swamped with work but also very excited about how the Diamond Tufting has gone.

But for now, here is my darling old desk, putting its best foot forward once more and a very pleasing addition to the minimalist bedroom.  




The last photo is a bit dark but it shows the driftwood modesty board and the inner shelf.

I would say the Zinser BIN was excellent, but you do have to de-wax it quickly with White Spirit and a rag, before applying the latex paint.

Finishing drawer fronts, desk top and blue painted leg supports with polyurethane water based varnish means it’s hard wearing and easy to clean.

I am very pleased....(it is usually quite difficult to please me).

The whole thing took, on and off about 6 weeks, which is a long time but no part of it could be rushed or fudged. 

Here is a close up of the finished top. I used Rustoleum Weathered Wood: White Smoke and Ash Grey.


I am pleased to say, the desk has passed the test, in that in years to come, when I retire to Carbis Bay to paint seascapes until my number is up, the desk will be loaded onto the lorry.

Now back to my Diamond Tufting x


No comments:

Post a Comment