Saturday 10 October 2020

Neanderthal skull sorted out - stage 1

 Well I was right (TG), what I did in my head did eventually work on paper.


We’ve got the drama back!

As you can see, I just tore the thing out and did some smooth cuts with the scissors in certain sections.  I like the frayed edges, I like where it’s going.  Alas I chose watercolour for this one, and that medium takes AGES to get any depth.  I suppose I need to dig out my hairdryer to keep to schedule.  (Goes off to find the hairdryer...)

On another topic:

I did some more research on Harold Shipman.  Can you believe I managed to find exactly what I was looking for. As a hypothetical imaginative based-on-fact interpretation blah, you have to be able to defend your views.  I think I can possibly do that now.  

There is still a lot of secrecy around his domestic situation, for instance.  In my quiet moments, I like to think someone he knew might one day read it and say “how did she know that?”and gasp.

I need to bring in some other characters, I’ve decided an aunt and a nosy neighbour.  You can derive a lot of suspense from a nosy neighbour and the aunt is going to be a very memorable character.  She can be super-loaded with nuance.  I can see her in my head already, she’s thoroughly fleshed out, even down to her clothes and hair. 

I’ve found a few photos of when HS was a boy, a teenager, a young doctor and a family photo. 

* Have a great weekend ppl

No comments:

Post a Comment