Sunday 11 October 2020

Neanderthal & HS finito

 


Neanderthal skull took longer than I thought. It wasn’t until I got some muted greens and orange in there did the thing come to life. 

Here it is on black


And for good measure, here he is on wood grain


The first one is the better photo.

Last night I was working on my short story about, you-know-who (see yesterday’s post) and something really ‘weird’ happened.  Basically I was scribbling away and I felt I’d done enough, after I’d got down an exchange of dialogue between the two main characters.  I ended up using a term that I felt HS would have adopted in that situation.  Don’t ask me how I knew, I just had a strong feeling.  I left it at that and went off to do more research. 

So I ended up watching a drama about when he was caught, starring James Bolam.  So there I was viewing this drama and at the point where he is questioned by the police for the first time, he passes the detective in the doorway and directs this precise term at him.  Now that is creepy!  I thought, what shall I do, shall I stop writing the story or continue?  I couldn’t make up my mind, I was that shaken up. 

Then when I went to bed, I had a very strong feeling that I should finish it.  Don’t ask me where this feeling came from, but it was there...do you know what I mean?  So I got up this morning and finished it.  I included the aunt and the neighbour and now I’ll type it all up and fiddle with it a bit more.  I read it all the way through this morning and think I’ll edit one chunk right down, but apart from that I’ll keep what’s there.

I don’t want to post it on a website where people will demoralise me, that would be counterproductive.  Then again, I could publish it that way, but use a nom de plume.  




No comments:

Post a Comment