Tuesday 1 June 2021

Rococo time

 After doing so much distressed and dark art, I decided to revamp this little table.  



The shape and overall design is really dainty and if I close my eyes I can see it in a Roccoco style with decoupage top, lots of gold paint and adorable pastel colours.  I think I’ll varnish the whole thing and basically ham up tea in the garden.

I decided to do this after I spruced up my wheelbarrow frame, which had become very rusty.  So here is the table and the wheelbarrow.  

The thing I learned about rust is, it’s actually greasy, so once you go at it with a wire brush, then you need to wash it down with brush cleaner, then you paint it with Jenolite Rust Converter.  I really enjoyed working with this product because it’s fast and once it turns the rust black, there is no need to either wash it off or sand it.



The table could take longer than I would like, so I will have to find ways to speed up the process, like making stencils and using lots of masking tape.  

The table is actually jumping the queue around here, which increases the pressure on me, as I need to finish my IKEA revamped chest of drawers, pronto.

Well I must dash - keep working, keep achieving, keep making progress ppl!


No comments:

Post a Comment