Thursday 10 June 2021

Rococo table 4

Well, that’s the last time I say I expect something to be easy.  The stencil at the bottom is the one I’ll use.  It’s not as precise all over as it needs to be, because all I was after was a time-saving device for the relationship between all seven sections radiating from the centre.  I will be hand painting the rest.  Considering I have to paint 16 shells, TG for stencils.  I also made the stencil less symmetrical because Rococo does not use symmetry.  




Ok so the table has changed colour from the green you can see above.  I faithfully copied Italian paint, where they used layers of scrumblimg and then some ochre.  I ended up with this, which was nice but just not peaceful enough for tea in the garden.  So I stripped it and painted it white again with undercoat and will top coat it later today, hopefully.  The final colour is going to be heavenly, durable and a unanimous decision between me and Alwayshungry. 

The shell motif was going well, then it was not.  I couldn’t find my modelling knife and virtually turned the house upside down and inside out trying to find it.  Anyway, it’s all sorted out now. So the shell will be half hand painted and half stencil.  If it doesn’t look as I hope it will, I will re-think that detail.  The main problem I have now is this new colour that the table will be.

Then there is the background green stripes around Marie problem, that has to go.  It occurs to me that I could paint a gold background, which would be so nice, but I’m keeping my mind open on that, as she may need some sky instead?

I coated the stencil in nail varnish to make it waterproof, as I don’t want it to become soggy and limp.

It’s very hot in little England now and that makes we want to tidy up, big time.  I seem to have a lot of miscellaneous items in the wrong places and I’m a person that if I can’t find something in under 05 minutes I start to get very grouchy.  Thank Goodness for plastic crates!

No comments:

Post a Comment