See how my posts are now much more pragmatic.
I made some good progress yesterday, as soon as the blister on my index finger quietened down a bit.
As you can see from this image, the windows are in, the pelmet has been selected and the pattern for the drapes have been swatched up. Feeling somewhat relieved that the stage is now being set for this afternoon tete a tete in circa 1840, I decided to wade into filling in the piano forte.
The piano is actually one of the main reasons I selected this image in the first place. To cut a long story short, I did some experiments with Stem Stitch filling as applied to various textures and the upshot was I realised it lends itself to woodgrain incredibly well. More later, have to dash...