Friday 1 January 2021

Happy New Year!

 I hope you all had a really nice break!

Back to work.....and salvation.

I haven’t managed to do a thing to the chair since I last posted but after working on so many ‘big things’ recently, I’m pulled back into the miniature world of stitching and all the paraphernalia that goes with it.

I have a new idea that just keeps appearing in front of me, like a drawing on acetate or Perspex....it won’t go away.  So I’ve drawn it quickly and am trying to work out a technical issue.

To help me, I’m turning to Bronze Age type artefacts, where stitches are used instead of glue.

So I’m thinking of sewing a box together and using DBH to cover it, then adding cute daisies and stalks all over it.  I can see it in my mind very clearly, now all I need is to make the real thing as cute.

I need some cute right now!

So I have the box in stock, I’ve taken it apart and made some holes.  Now I just need to make some experiments with seam stitches etc.  The daisies will be made of woven stitches.  

First I need to speed read a book on divorce, to help my friend, who feels overwhelmed by all the stuff she has to pack to move out of her home and cannot apply herself to financial nitty gritty.  Personally, I don’t think divorce is the thing to do, but some people really believe you can start again.  I say you can start again in your head and stay put, but that’s my opinion.  If she is going, I say she gets all she’s due.  In case ppl are confused, over here we now get 50%.  Men would have us believe we are due 10%, max.  How deliciously erroneous is that!



No comments:

Post a Comment