Wednesday 11 November 2020

The Moroccan bedroom is done

Oh wow, what an interlude.

I’m very happy with what the decorator did.  He created something quite stunning and dare I say opulent.

Now I wasn’t expecting that, so now I have to reverse the relationship: wall now opulent, painting needs to be distressed. 

There was no way I could make the decorator, who is worth his weight in gold, understand that I wanted vintage, faded, handmade or distressed.  None of those words were part of his artistic output. 

The guy worked for 5 hours solid on my feature wall, which can only be described as stunning.

DH is dead chuffed, which was a very nice surprise and not expected, at all. 

So, I had to up my game, as they say.

Now, finally, for the fun part..... the canvas!

I’ve got some very serious ideas now, I’ve narrowed things down to 3 images that I’m either going to combine, or change somewhat, I’m not sure yet.  

The stencil itself was amazing to work with. There are crisp lines of contours and I’m so relieved that I chose a gold furniture paint that turned out to be a really great shade of gold,  not too yellow, or green, or orange.

I did have to spend more on materials than I thought, but I’m after a particular look, so that’s to be expected.

So here is one photo for you...



When the sun comes in the room, I’m in Morocco, which is just what I was after....to be transported.

It’s also very nice at night, because it’s so special and inviting.  

You can see it’s ‘Deeply Plum’ in the background and two layers of gold via the stencil.  I was not expecting two layers of gold, so this is where the decorator started having his own ideas.

This is OK, because I have to give it to the guy, he never forgot the context in which he was working e.g. a bedroom, and that is a serious professional.  In my mind, I was thinking art, distressed, stage sets, atmosphere etc etc.  In other words my ideas in my imagination were lofty and risky.  He took the idea and ran with it, as they say and I’m relieved that it turned out so well.

So I had to go back to the shops and raid TK Max for a better class of accessories. More about that next time.

Audios ppl, stay safe, stay strong....stay sane xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment