Sunday 8 November 2009

Brussels stitch

Working on my next video about Single Detached Buttonhole aka Brussels stitch. Need to do one more bit of research then I'll be ready. Everyone seems to start with this one, makes 'something lumpy' then abandons it. Such a shame when in many ways its the most versatile. Don't get me wrong, I really like Corded Detached Buttonhole aka Cloth Stitch but it does produce a pretty thick piece of fabric. And you don't always want it to be 'chunky'. SharonB does say in her description that you have to TURN the work. I think a lot of people don't bother. The other mistake I think a lot of people make is that they aren't starting it the right way according to being right or left handed. More later. Had quite a trying time here these last 4 nights with a little white dog climbing the walls with firework fright....

No comments:

Post a Comment