Thursday 4 November 2021

4 new pdf patterns in the pipeline…

 Hi friends!

What a Summer….

Ok, so further to my last post where I mentioned working on some stitch mechanics etc, I have managed to take those discoveries into design mode and have had a really great time bringing things together into a file of untidy, but logical conclusions.  

So as a taster, here is one of the patterns I have designed.

And here is the WIP…



Ok, so it’s a needle book with an purpose-built space for your thimble.  

However, while working on this pattern I was reminded of a design element that had intrigued me about four years ago…you can guess the rest….I went off on a trajectory for a few months….this always happens when I trace my thought processes back and realise something needs to be clarified, especially if there are confusing instructions ‘out there’.  Then the other thing that happens is that once the scale of the work is set, then other ideas that were ‘free radicals’ before, suddenly become very useable and concrete.  Namely miniature 3-d roses.  

I have to go now because I have to complete a course that will enable me to gain promotion in the day job.  I don’t completely detest my day job, but I am a bit grumpy at the present time with sloppy co-workers and their destructive social lives.  Of course I am the one that has to pick up the proverbial slack and work even longer hours to keep the ship on an even keel.  Enough about reality, which is not something I tend to discuss much on here because art, creativity, inventions and intellectual progress are far grander ideas….

Wish me luck ppl, I need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment